So in my bold attempt to read the paper or view the news or listen to NPR and become a well (or, better) informed member of society, I figured I'd start with something that I found really, really interesting. I secretly wish I was a geek - technology fascinates me. Especially Apple. MacBook Air, iPad, iPhone - I can't get enough. So as I vacillate between keeping my perfectly fine iPhone 4, or paying $200 to get the newer, fancier iPhone 5, reading a review by the Times fit right in.
The verdict? I'm upgrading. They totally convinced me that I desperately need the extra two rows of icons on the home screen, the 0.3 inch thinner and lighter body, and double-the-speed processing, to name a few.
And as I write this, I'm realizing that maybe that's how it should be - maybe I need to view the newspaper as integrated into my life, as opposed to a stop-everything-and-read kind of thing.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/19/technology/personaltech/apples-iphone-5-scores-well-with-a-quibble-review.html?_r=1&ref=technology
No comments:
Post a Comment